Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Let Go and Let God

One by one God took them from me,
All the things i valued most,
Till i was empty-handed,
Every glittering toy was lost.

And i walked earth's highways grieving
In my rags and poverty
Till i heard His voice inviting
"Lift those empty hands to Me."

So i turned my hands toward heaven,
And He filled them with a store
Of His own transcendant riches
Till they could contain no more.

And at last i comprehended,
With my stupid mind and dull
That God could not pour His riches
Into hands already full.

Anon

1 comment:

Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (Hello) from that blogger across the ditch. I enjoy reading your blog, as it makes a lot of sense in the world as we know it today. A lot of people are into much of a hurry - even to stop and smell the roses !!! Blog on......
Thank you for crossing the ditch and reading my blogs.